Diversity Living Services is a long-established (2002) BAME led organisation embedded in the disadvantaged BAMER and other communities in our catchment area – communities which are often seen as hard-to-reach by public authorities. We are based in Edmonton in the London Borough of Enfield and our catchment area extends to the whole of Enfield and neighbouring boroughs of Haringey, Waltham Forest and Barnet. We have vast experience in working with these communities to identify and support their needs. Our aim is to promote equality and diversity by supporting Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) communities in accessing services and opportunities through advice, training, advocacy, participation and engagement with mainstream services.
- Promote social integration, equality and inclusion by raising public awareness and challenging discrimination and social exclusion against disadvantaged BAME people;
- Provide independent and confidential information, advice, guidance and support on welfare rights, equality, human rights, housing, employment and legal issues;
- Promote good health and wellbeing through community training and awareness about health, employability skills, and access to services and opportunities;
- Support young people in accessing services and opportunities including employment, arts, education, housing and social support;
- Promote and develop the capacity of young people by building on their skills and aptitudes for their personal growth and their community’s long-term success and development;
- Represent our service users in decision-making and consultations to ensure they reflect the makeup of local communities.